For its size, Pendleton has a remarkable number of recreation opportunities, as well as excellent facilities that support an active lifestyle and provide social gathering places for the community.
- Over 3 miles of trails within City parks; terrain varies by location.
- The non-motorized River Parkway offers another 1.5 miles along the Umatilla River
- We also recommend the 50-acre Olney Cemetery, which has miles of loops that make for excellent walking with 150’ of elevation change from bottom to top.
- We have an indoor walking program October through July in the Helen McCune Gymnasium at the Pendleton Rec Center.
- Select our Trails page or Maps for more information.
- The Pendleton Adventure Trails Recreation Area (PATRA) contains 8 trails. The trails are made and maintained by volunteers from Pendleton on Wheels. For a map of the trails, please visit the Trail Forks website.
- PATRA Map (PDF)
- The non-motorized River Parkway is as popular with bicyclists as it is with walkers.
- Pendleton also has a system of bike lanes and routes throughout town. On our maps page you can view the Parks & Rec brochure or just a map of existing bicycle facilities.
- Just outside of town are miles of country roads, but these can sometimes have narrow shoulders so please ride with caution. Check out the local bike club, Pendleton On Wheels, for scheduled rides and events.
- Link to Google Maps showing existing bike lanes.