Memorial benches are just one of the ways the City of Pendleton offers to recognize an organization or to memorialize a loved one. Benches may be placed in a City park, along the Pendleton River Parkway, in Olney Cemetery, or in the Memorial Garden within the cemetery. Each area has a bench style that we recommend, but all have engraving options. We'd love to tell you more about this program, so please give us a call and we will help you consider your options.
(The bench pictured here is our Memorial Garden bench.)
Honor your loved one with a living memorial or recognize a special occasion. Dirt Dabblers Garden Club, in connection with the City of Pendleton Parks Department, is now offering a memorial tree program.
- Donors may choose from a list of approved trees.
- Donors may choose a Pendleton city park or Olney Cemetery; city staff will determine the specific location.
- The tree is purchased through the Garden Club and the Club arranges planting with the City.
- Each tree will be marked with a marker at the base of the tree and the person's name will be added to a master list posted on bulletin boards in the major parks.
- For more information contact Jo Manny with Dirt Dabblers Garden Club at 541-276-7439 or Pendleton Parks and Recreation at 541-276-8100.
Thank you to Pendleton Foundation Trust for their generous gift that allowed for installation of the bulletin boards and brass markers at tree locations.
Honor your loved one with a living memorial rose placed in the Memorial Garden. For more information, please contact the Cemetery Office, 541-276-8100. A rose bush, color of your choosing depending on availability, will be placed in the Memorial Garden with a name plaque. You can choose to spread the ashes of your loved one or we can place the ashes with the rose.